Fibroid Removal Treatment in Sewell, NJ
Sewell, New Jersey – a lovely Gloucester County community and part of Mantua Township – is one of South Jersey’s finest places to reside. Its beautiful landscape is a great reason to pass on through, but the township’s events and noteworthy sites truly make it rank so highly on visitors’ lists. Residents can catch a matinée at TD Banks Arts Centre, or enjoy a boat ride in Washington Lake Park. Sewell is also recognized as the home to South Jersey’s premier provider of fertility: South Jersey Fertility.
How are Fibroids Diagnosed?
The convenience of South Jersey Fertility’s office is much to Sewell residents’ appreciation – especially if women are experiencing fibroid symptoms. Fibroids – benign muscle tumors that can grow in a woman’s uterus – are present in up to 20% of women who are in the reproductive age group. Although these tumors start to fade away after menopause, they can bring on some unwanted issues in women who have them. Symptoms of fibroids can include heavy, painful periods, pelvic pain or pressure, frequent urination, constipation and backache and leg pain. It’s important for Sewell patients to diagnose their fibroids as soon as possible, because they can actually cause symptoms from pushing on other organs in the pelvis, and can ultimately result in infertility.
Fibroid Removal in New Jersey
Patients in Sewell should worry about seeking treatment for their fibroids in a couple different circumstances: If you’re experiencing aforementioned symptoms that were brought on by the fibroids; or, if your fibroids are greater than three to five centimeters and you’d like to conceive. The latter is suggested because fibroids larger than five centimeters have been linked to impaired fertility and increased miscarriage rates.
Five treatment options are available to surgically remove fibroids in Sewell:
- Myomectomy: A surgery recommended for women trying to conceive, since it removes the fibroids but keeps the uterus in place.
- Hysterectomy: Removes the entire uterus, and thus, all the fibroids.
- Hysteroscopy: A non-invasive surgery that can only access fibroids extended into the central cavity of the uterus. Here, fibroids are removed through a hysteroscope via the natural opening of the cervical canal.
- Laparotomy: Removes fibroids located in the middle of the muscular uterine wall and/or uterine outer boundaries. This surgery accesses the fibroids through a cut in the abdomen.
- Laparoscopy: Another non-invasive approach through small incisions in the abdomen, fibroids are removed with narrow instruments illuminated by a lit scope. This is generally performed with the assistance of the da Vinci surgical device.
Fibroid Specialists in Sewell, NJ
Fibroids may not always cause problems to women who have them, but the fact that they can result in severe, painful symptoms – as well as infertility – still make them a serious threat. Women in Sewell who think they are experiencing fibroid symptoms should contact South Jersey Fertility Center at 856-282-1231 right away. Our Sewell office is conveniently located on 570 Egg Harbor Road, #B4.