Semen Analysis in New Jersey
Semen Collection/Analysis Appointments
For collecting semen and having a semen analysis, you must have a scheduled appointment.
Semen Analysis appointments are offered at the following times. Please call our team to schedule your visit.
Marlton: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM | Wednesday and Thursday at 1:30 PM.
Egg Harbor Twp: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10-11 AM | Monday and Thursday 1:30-2:00 PM.
Sewell: Monday-Friday 10:00-11:00 AM | Monday 1:30-3:00 PM | Tuesday and Thursday 3:00-5:00 PM.
How To Keep Your Specimen
• Keep the specimen at body temperature. In case of cold weather (below 70 degrees) the specimen must be carried to the laboratory in an inside pocket (for example a shirt pocket) to prevent chilling. Carrying the specimen in an outside pocket or in a briefcase or handbag will result in irreversible damage to the sperm motility and viability. Likewise, transporting the specimen on the car heater will cause damage to the motility and viability of the sperm cells. You may put the cup in a bag to carry it from the car to the front desk. Tell the receptionist you have a specimen to drop off. A laboratory technician will meet you and may have questions for you. The labeling of your cup will be verified at that time.
• Notify the laboratory personnel if any part of the specimen has been lost or of any collection problems. This information needs to be noted on the report or another appointment can be made.
• Abstinence of 2-5 days is required prior to performing this test.
(This means no sexual relations or ejaculation for at least 2 days, but not more than 5 days)
• The specimen should be collected in a sterile container provided by the office.
• The specimen must be collected manually, that is by masturbation.
No other method of collection is useful for the purpose of this laboratory analysis.
• The specimen should be taken to the office within one hour from the time that it is produced. If you live more than one hour away, we require that you obtain the specimen in our Marlton, Sewell or Egg Harbor Twp office.
• Using a permanent marker, please label the sterile specimen cup with your full name, partner’s name (if last name is different), the time the specimen was collected, your social security number and the days of abstinence. The patient may also be asked to present proper ID for verification.
• The charge for the semen analysis is $100 if it is not covered by insurance.
• If you have a type of HMO which requires referrals, please be sure to have a referral from your primary physician’s office. Contact our billing office at 856-596-2233 to be sure you have the correct referral etc. or have any other questions concerning billing of the procedure. The procedure is a semen analysis code #89320 and the diagnosis code if V26.21. If your primary care provider needs our provider number for your specific insurance, you or your primary doctor’s office may call our billing office to obtain this number. If you do not have the appropriate referral at the time of your visit, you may pay the $125 for the evaluation or re-schedule the appointment.