We recently sat down with South Jersey Fertility Center’s newest provider, Melissa. To get to know her better, she shared why she joined the practice, her advice for patients trying to conceive, and why she chose reproductive endocrinology. Learn more below!
1. Why did you choose SJFC?
South Jersey Fertility Center has a reputation for being the best in the business! I was honored to join the team and I’m excited to work alongside such fantastic physicians.
2. Why did you choose the field of reproductive endocrinology?
I have previous experience in OB/GYN, so I have a passion for women’s healthcare. I am excited to help women in the earlier part of their journey and want to help grow families.
3. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The best part of my job is getting to meet new amazing families on a daily basis, and getting to be a part of their journey to parenthood.
4. What do you think is the most interesting service/technology that fertility has to offer?
I think that a fascinating new technology is Preimplantation Genetic Screening, where we are counting the number of chromosomes in the embryo to make sure it is the right number. This allows us to screen for common chromosome abnormalities and even determine the sex of the embryo prior to transfer.
5. If you could share advice with patients trying to get pregnant one piece of advice, what would it be?
If I could share a piece of advice, I’d say to stay positive and have faith in the plan! We are here to help you through every step.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my downtime, I enjoy spending time with family and friends.